To determine the most romantic resorts and hotels, we utilize a scoring system based on the following list of criteria. For each item listed below, a score of 0-5 (with 0 the worst, and 5 the best) was given. We know that mom and dad want a little time together in an inspiring environment when the family vacations, so we include this category. Here is the list pertaining to romance:
- Inviting, beautiful décor.
- Room-service anytime (promoting privacy).
- Balcony. Privacy of balcony. Affords only opportunity to eat and sightsee or also romantic encounters?
- Quiet atmosphere--absence of traffic and other irritating noises.
- Music available in the room.
- Comfortable, fresh-smelling sheets and bedding.
- Romantic features in room: flowers or champagne left in room?
- Large windows. Alluring view from room or balcony of ocean, mountains, gardens, etc.
- Whirlpool or hot-tub in room.
- Extra amenities in room: thick robes, CD player, books of poetry, extra towels and blankets, etc.
- Soundproof. Can I hear others? To what extent?
- In-room bar/coffee maker.
- Table, comfortable chairs, promoting leisurely dining and conversation.
- Loveseat or comfortable sofa.
- Sufficient heat and air conditioning.
- Windows that open, allowing in fresh air.
- Feeling of security. Good locks, attentive staff, etc.
- VCR or in-room films.
- Turn-down service.
- Courteous and efficient staff. Are requests met in a timely manner? (Rudeness and inefficiency create irritation and detract from the experience.)
- Does the staff call me by name when I call the front desk, valet, etc.?
- Pleasantly decorated lobby and hallways.
- Grounds for romantic stroll. Gardens.
- Excellent restaurant(s) on the premises.