100 Ocean View Avenue
Pismo Beach, California 93449
Phone: (800) 662-5545 or (805) 773-4994
Fax: (805) 773-0924
A private hot tub on deck, a fireplace, and an ocean view are among the romantic amenities found at the Seaventure Resort
The Seaventure Resort ranks very high on the Romance Scale.
The resort is situated on what seemed to me, coming from San Diego, a quiet and secluded beach. Only a small paved walking path separates the hotel from the sand. From our balcony, looking out on a pleasant November morning, just a handful of widely spread people were enjoying the vast beach expanse. Most beaches in San Diego are utilized to full capacity any time of the year, all day long, with the jarring noise from radios and people yelling back and forth. However, this Pismo Beach was so quiet all we heard were the waves, making it perfect for a quiet family stroll.
This resort boasts an array of appealing features in this category:
- Stunning ocean views--one of the best I have enjoyed during my research for this site. Elevated chairs, right on the porch, enable you to comfortably watch the ocean.
- Private spas on the room decks. Quite unusual. (See Romance section of the site).
- Electric fireplaces that turn on with the flick of a button.
- Featherbed overlays on the beds made them extremely comfortable. The bed is unusually highly elevated, adding to the romantic decor and is covered with many large, comfortable pillows.
- CD players for romantic music.
- Dim lighting, as if built with romance in mind.
- Complimentary bottles of champagne in the room.
- The roof-top restaurant offers a spectacular ocean view.
- Beautiful room decór done in rich, hunter green with framed impressionist prints. This style was carried over to the hallways and was far from the usual non-descript colors found in many hotels.
- Massages available at reasonable rates:
- Thirty minutes $40.00
- One hour $60.00
- One and a half hours $80.00
- Fifteen minutes $15.00
- Couples Session $120.00 Two therapists available to work on a couple at one time.
- Very tasty complimentary continental breakfast, delivered straight to your door each morning, with a newspaper. (See Romance section of the site).
- Coffee or hot chocolate, muffins, bagels, sweet rolls, fruit, juice and water are delivered at the time of your choosing. There is no need to fumble around for a tip for the server since the food is just left at your door in a wicker basket, covered with a brightly checkered cloth.
- Romantic Enchantment packages are available. These include a bouquet of roses, rose petals in the room, champagne, and a $40.00 dinner certificate.
- Room service for romantic and intimate dining.
- Ceiling fans enable you to enjoy the natural sea air smells and sounds while controlling the atmosphere.
- The large in-room freezer is a rare find, so you can refreeze coolers for baby items.
- Refrigerators in room.
- VCR for Teletubbies, Wiggles, and other kids' tapes.
- Room service available.
- Large elevators for baby strollers.
- Ice available.
- Laundry and dry-cleaning services provided.
- Swimming pool.
- Cribs available upon request.
- Child's menu, provided through room service, includes chicken fingers, old fashioned spaghetti, grilled cheese, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, French fries, cheese nachos, and beef or chicken nachos.
Note: No baby-sitting services are available through the hotel.
The city of Pismo is not the most romantic or child-oriented beach town, but there are many nearby attractions within a short drive, that cater to both of these needs; including:
- Hearst Castle.
- Antique shopping in Cambria.
- San Luis Obispo's Thursday night Farmer's Market.
- Outlet center shopping.
FEATURED RESORT: Meadowood Napa Valley
The Meadowood, in lovely Napa Valley, is characterized by gracious wine country hospitality and a brimming menu of resort amenities: two croquet lawns, seven tennis courts, a 9-hole walking golf course, a 25-yard lap pool, a family swimming pool and a complete health spa providing fitness services such as personal training and luxury treatments. The Meadowood is also a private club and a wine center with two restaurants, The Restaurant, for formal fare, and The Grill, for a more casual atmosphere. Read the full review.